Ariah and Zach discuss Bible translations and whether Ariah should be reading through The Message as his Bible reading this year.
Some of the Show Notes:
- Zach explains the types of translations
- Why The Message is not really The Bible
- How do we decide what is “Scripture?”
- Thoughts on the TNIV
- Should we be reading the Bible ONLY in Greek and Hebrew
- Should God be referred to as a “He.” or a “She?”
- The danger of putting “interpretation” into the translation.
- Why did God use the language that was used in the original text?
This is a pretty controversial podcast, please post your thoughts and comments below, or email, or even call with and leave a message: 615-349-1210