Sorry, this week hasn’t been the best for constructive thought, but I do have a lot of odds and ends bouncing around in my head. Hopefully you find one of them interesting…
- While working on my taxes I started brainstorming ways to ‘beat the system’ you figure if the uber-rich can figure out all these tax loopholes maybe there is one or two I could utilize. Everyone has different opinions on taxes, and to the degree that they found things I’m in support of, I like them too. At the same time, I’d rather be taxed on how much we’re living on, rather then how much we make. I know you can get deductions for donating money, but I’ve wondered if there is some way to funnel money, pre-tax to an organization you support or something like that. Any ideas?
- We are going through some exciting changes in the Fine household. Sorry for not sharing more details, but this being a totally public page, I’m just not sure what’s okay and what’s not. If you want the inside scoop you’ll have to contact me.
- I finally got the Archive page on the site to work. Just so you know it’s a HEFTY page (5mb) so don’t check it out if your on dialup. But if you’ve got a fast connection, it’s a nice visual layout of my blog’s archive. I’m gonna try and slim it down in size and content a little but that will come later.
- After successfully reading a book a week last year, I’ve managed to read zero books in 2.5 months this year. I need to set some sort of goal to start reading again. Maybe a set amount of time, like 15 minutes a day. Seem reasonable?
- On the reading note: I’d really love to read essays (and possibly books) from people who have completely different views then me. If anyone out there has an essay that you think will really challenge my thinking, I’d love if you sent it my way. It could be about anything, politics, religion, money, food, etc. If enough people could send me stuff I’d love to do a weekly post in summary and response to what I read.
- I was considering getting a new digital camera this week. Mainly because the video on our current one has this high-pitched hissing sound on all the audio. So, I started looking for a digital camera (currently have a Canon Powershot). Then I thought about just getting a separate video camera, then I thought about a DSLR. Now I have no clue. What do you have (if any)? Do you like your camera/video camera? Is a separate video and camera worth it? Superfluous? Too much to carry?
- Lastly, I was considering doing a series on money saving tips. Just suggestions based on our experience on what we do to save money on day to day purchases, etc. Any interest?