A Day in the Life of Trendy Guy
- B-fast: Double Mocha from Starbucks
- Transportation: Ford Excursion
- Day Job: Corporate Elite for Walmart
- Home: High rise Condo in recently gentrified neighborhood.
- Dinner: Fancy Steakhouse
- Nightlife: Regularly volunteers at a soup kitchen.
- Summer: Missions trip in the 3rd world.
A Day in the life of Hippie Gal
- B-fast: Free-range eggs from local CSA
- Transportation: Bike and Public Transit
- Day Job: Barista for local fair trade coffee shop
- Home: Commune in the city.
- Dinner: Potluck with Community Garden.
- Nightlife: Late night concerts, anti-corporate protest, and other leisure activities.
- Summer: Road Trips, Music Festivals, and wild parties.
What I would suggest is, a healthy combination of the two. Basically, I would suggest that everything from Breakfast to Summers be made from a thoughtful and ethical standpoint. Below is a brief combination that I think might be ethical (certainly subject to further discussion).
A Day in the life of a World Changer
- Breakfast: Dumpstered and purchased from a local CSA.
- Transportation: Biking, Public Transit, Carpooling, and driving less.
- Day Job: A job that does not contradict your ethics and values.
- Home: Modest living, shared if possible.
- Dinner: Community Garden shared with friends and neighbors.
- Nightlife: Community movie nights, craft nights, scrabble, soup kitchen, playing with the neighborhood kids.
- Summer: Ethical summer ventures.
Now, it’s time for discussion. Does your life line up with Trendy Guy, Hippie Gal or World Changer? If so were and if not, what areas do you need to change? Or, what areas do you think I’m way off base on. Let the discussion begin.